Any funds on a benefit transaction which have not been allocated to any tenancy may be repaid to the local authority which made the original payment.
Unallocated funds usually just indicate that you still need to allocate benefit payments to outstanding benefit rent.
However, a repayment to the local authority may be required if a tenant's circumstances have changed and their benefit contribution has been retrospectively adjusted to compensate.
- If the benefit payment has already been used to pay rent, you will need to remove that benefit allocation, and possibly re-apply it at the correct lower allocation value.
- When all allocations have been made, any excess funds on the overall bulk benefit transaction may be repaid from that payment's overview screen.
- Click Make Repayment to view the repayment form.
- Fill in the repayment amount, up to the full unallocated value.
- Click Save to make the repayment.
- The unallocated value on the benefit payment screen will be reduced.
- The repayment will be shown on the overview screen.