In order for a job to be actively dealt with, it must first be assigned to a supplier (contractor).
- From the overview screen, click Assign Job.
- Choose the preferred supplier from the drop-down list, and the page will reload with their contact details.
- If the supplier you wish to use is not yet defined on the system, click Add New Supplier and enter the details in the pop-up box. The page will reload once the supplier has been added and the new supplier will now be shown in the select menu.
- If the supplier has an email address defined, you may tick the checkbox to send them an automatic job notification, including the job sheet as an attachment for their convenience.
- If the supplier has a mobile number defined, you may choose to send them an automatic SMS notification about their new job assignment.
- Click Assign, and the job status will be updated to Assigned.
Un-assign a job
If a job has been assigned to an incorrect supplier, or if the assigned supplier is unable to complete the job, you may wish to reassign it to another supplier. A job may only be re-assigned from the Assigned state; obviously once it is complete it is too late to to this, without marking the job incomplete first and then un-assigning.
- On the job overview screen, click Options > Unassign.