Although ShowHouse will automatically apply rent in line with the way you configure your tenancy's rent schedules, you may wish to apply additional one-off rent records manually. This may be for one of the following reasons:
- Apply the first (or an additional) month's rent on a let-only tenancy.
- Schedule rent to be applied on non-standard future dates, e.g.to align with student term-times.
- Record details of outstanding rent from before you started using ShowHouse.
Adding a one-off rent uses the same process as setting up a rent schedule, with a few minor differences.
- After the tenancy has been created, on that tenancy view go to the Rent & Charges > Rent menu.
- Click on the Add Rent button.
- Specify who is responsible for paying this rent - the tenant or benefit authority.
- Set the Recurring checkbox to No.
- Specify the From and To dates for the rental period to which this rent relates.
- Choose whether to apply an exact value or pro-rated value.
- If you are applying an exact value, e.g. for a full rental period, choose Exact and specify the amount of rent you wish to charge.
- If you wish to have rent pro-rated for part of a rental period, choose Prorate, and then specify what the full period's rent normally is, and the date range you wish to prorate for. The formula used is shown, but you can amend the calculated value if you wish.
- Enter a description, or typically leave this blank and the system will generate a description based on the date range, e.g. "Rent 01 Jun 2018 to 30 Jun 2018".
- Click Save to apply this rent.
Since this is a one-off (non-recurring) rent, no rent schedule is created.