Although ShowHouse will automatically apply rent in line with the way you configure your tenancy's rent schedules, you may wish to apply additional one-off rent records manually. This may be for one of the following reasons:
- Apply the first (or an additional) month's rent on a let-only tenancy.
- Schedule rent to be applied on non-standard future dates, e.g.to align with student term-times.
- Record details of outstanding rent from before you started using ShowHouse.
Adding a one-off rent uses the same process as setting up a rent schedule, with a few minor differences.
- After the tenancy has been created, on that tenancy view go to the Rent & Charges > Rent menu.
- Click on the Add Rent button.
- Specify who is responsible for paying this rent - the tenant or benefit authority.
- Set the Recurring checkbox to No.
- Specify the From and To dates for the rental period to which this rent relates.
- Choose whether to apply an exact value (typically for a full period, or a round value which you already know), or to calculate a pro-rated value based on the full period's rent. You can amend the calculated value if you wish.
- Enter a description, or typically leave this blank and the system will generate a description based on the date range, e.g. "01 Nov 2017 to 15 Nov 2017".
- Click Save to apply this rent. Since this is a one-off (non-recurring) rent, no rent schedule is created.