The system comes with a set of pre-configured commonly-used property charges:
- Letting (this is for arranging a tenancy, and must have an associated tenancy selection)
- Sourcing (for finding a suitable property to purchase and manage)
- Management (for property management - also see automatic management fees)
- Maintenance (for property maintenance - also see automatic maintenance fees)
Add your own charge types
If these charge types do not fully fulfil your requirements, you can add your own property charge types. For example, you may wish to add a new type of fee for Service Charges.
- Via the Settings menu, click the Lettings tab.
- Choose Property Charge Types from the Rent & Charges category.
- The list of existing charge types will be shown.
- Click Add Charge Type to add your own charge type.
- Provide a charge type name, which will be shown in select menus elsewhere in the system.
- Specify whether the charge is a fee or expense.
- Specify the appropriate VAT rate.
- Click Save.
The new charge types will be added to the charge type menus when adding a property charge.
The system charge types cannot be modified or deleted, but your own user-defined charges can be, provided that no charges of this type have been created. Once charges of this type exist, the charge category cannot be removed.