The most fundamental objects within ShowHouse are landlords and properties. A landlord can own one or more properties which your agency may manage on his/her behalf.
Add your first landlord
The majority of ShowHouse users have their main focus on managing residential lettings properties, so this tutorial will concentrate on the first steps this typical user will take to start managing rental properties.
- From the main menu in lettings, click Landlords > Add Landlord to see the Add Landlord form.
- The mandatory fields on this form are the landlord's first and last name. For the purposes of this quick-start tutorial simply fill in these two fields.
- Click Save to add the landlord to the system.
The maintenance configuration settings are also mandatory, but these are pre-filled with default values so you can proceed without having to enter values in these fields.
Add your first property
When a landlord is added successfully you will automatically be taken to the Add Property form to allow you to quickly add this landlord's first property. The landlord you have just added will automatically be selected in the landlord drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can add a property via the main Properties menu.
- From the main menu in lettings, click Properties > Add Property.
- The core address details are mandatory fields, e.g. house number/name, address line 1, and town.You can use the postcode lookup service to quickly find and populate the property address.
- Other fields in the Management Details section are also mandatory, but these are pre-filled with default values so you can proceed without having to enter values of your own at this stage.
- For the purposes of this quick-start tutorial simply fill in the property address and click Save to add the property to ShowHouse.
The management fee is set to a default value of 10%. You can override this value for each property, or you can set your agency's default management fee for residential letting properties via the module configuration section at Account Settings > Modules > Lettings > Rent and Config > Fees.