If you are managing maintenance activity for your landlords, you may raise jobs relating to repair or improvement works needing carried out. When a job has been added to the system it will need to be progressed via the various stages to completion.
The stages in the job lifecycle are shown below. When viewing a job there is a visual flowchart shown along the top of the page indicating how far through the process the work is.
- New (jobs whose estimated cost exceeds the landlord's maintenance threshold and require approval)
- Approved (jobs which are ready for assigning to a supplier to carry out the work)
- Assigned (these jobs are currently being worked upon by suppliers)
- Completed (the work is completed but not yet invoiced)
- Invoiced (the job is now due for payment to the supplier, and has also been charged to the landlord)
In some filters or views you may also see a number of additional statuses which are actually more like groups or categories of status.
- Open - jobs which have not yet been invoiced.
- Closed - jobs which have been invoiced and require no further attention.
- Awaiting XYZ - jobs which have progressed to the status prior to the Awaiting XYZ stage.
Progress a job
To progress a job or maintenance activity further towards completion, click the Progress button on the job overview screen.
The progress form will show the current job status and a selector from which you can choose the next stage to advance the job to. Select the new status and click Next to provide additional information for that stage.
It is possible to jump forward several stages at a time, but the form may vary to ensure that all required information is captured for that state. For example, you can move a job from New to Completed, but you will be prompted for the supplier information which is normally captured at the assignment stage.