The system comes with a set of pre-configured commonly-used tenant charges:
- Late Rental Payment
- Tenant Reference
Add your own charge types
If these charge types do not fully fulfil your requirements, you can add your own tenant charge types. For example, you may wish to add a new charge type for Late Rental Payments, and perhaps a new expense type for Property Damage.
- Via the Settings menu, click the Lettings tab.
- Choose Tenant Charge Types from the Rent & Charges category.
- The list of existing charge types will be shown.
- Click Add Charge Type to add your own charge type.
- Provide a charge type name, which will be shown in select menus elsewhere in the system.
- Specify whether the charge is a fee or expense.
- Specify the appropriate VAT rate.
- Click Save.
The new charge types will be added to the charge type menus when adding a tenant charge.
The system charge types cannot be modified or deleted, but your own user-defined charges can be, provided that no charges of this type have been created. Once charges of this type exist, the charge category cannot be removed.