You can amend a rent charge to correct any mistakes, or to apply a rent discount.
The rent charge date cannot be modified once any rent payments have been received against it.
- On the tenancy view, go to Rent & Charges > Rent to see a full list of rent charges. Alternatively, you may click through on a particular rent charge which is displayed in another table or statement view.
- From the list of rent charges, click any rent charge with an outstanding rent amount. In the list of rent charges these will be highlighted with a red outstanding balance column.
- On the view rent page, click Options > Edit to modify the rent record.
- Adjust the charge date, rent value, rent period dates or description as required. If partial payments have been received the rent value cannot be reduced to a value lower than the amount paid.
- Click Save to apply these changes.